Catholics how was church today and what was your service like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mass was fine. My daugher was an alter server. I really like the first reading from the OT where God tells Abraham that he is the great "I AM". It's ttime of year for the diocesan appeal so there was a required for donations during the homily - but they only do that once a year so it was fine. Since I use to teach RCIA I know that this Sunday was the First Scrutiney for those converting to the Catholic faith at Easter (so they may have had different readings at Mass). We didn't have that at the Mass we attended. However congrats to all the Catechumens - I keep you in my prayers.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 6:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• It was very nice. We had several readings but the one I liked best was Lk 13:1-9        Sir, leave it for this year also, and I shall cultivate the ground around it and fertilize it; it may bear fruit in the future.

This is a parable that Jesus told of someone wanting to cut down a fig tree because it hadn't bore any fruit, but a gardener told him not to because if he cultivated the soil it may bear fruit in the future.

So there is still hope for me!

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• It was great for me! My oldest and my youngest have nasty colds, so we decided to go in shifts today, my hubby took our middle son and I went when he got home by myself. It was the first time I've been alone and it was nice to be able to really pay attention and participate fully. I love going with my family but I miss things sometimes because I'm the one tending to the kids, so it was a nice break for me.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 8:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Our service was wonderful! It was the beginning of the Parish Mission and the visiting priest gave the homily. He gave everyone a crucifix (he does this at every mission) to keep with them. At one point, he said something to the effect of "you know the reasons that you thought of not to come to the mission this week when I mentioned it? I need you to pull out your crucifix, look at Jesus, and tell him the reasons that you can't come. If it's OK with him, it's fine with me." Sigh Catholic guilt at it's finest LOL!
    We have a new music director and the Lenten music isn't nearly as dreary as it has been in the past, even though it's appropriate.
    indymom22

Answer by indymom22 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 8, 2010