My brother-in-law, what do you think?

My husbands brother works at a restaurant, well he went to a party they had at a bar... My sister in law picked him up at 2:30am after he said he would call her at 10 to pick him up. She said he was wasted and he said that some of the women he workes with wanted to see how he was when he was drunk, and kept buying him drinks. She also said he didn't have his wedding ring on which was strange since he never takes it off. She called me yesterday to vent and I talked to my hubby about it, he's very sweet and understanding but he keeps making excuses for his brother not wearing his ring. Ughhhh!! They are having other problems on top of that also..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• hes cheating on her or going to. either way he doesnt love her.
    Anonymous

• There are bigger problems then him not wearing his ring....I don't wear one and neither does my hubby....but that doesn't mean anything bad is going on.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• he is wanting to cheat for sure if he hasnt already!
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 5:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• What do I think about what? The BIL went out and stayed out to late, he was not wearing his ring or letting other women buy him drinks? To me all of these are not right, for a married man to be doing.

Answer by louise2 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• if he normally wears it all the time and suddenly is taking it off, then I say that's a bad sign.

Anonymous

• Why is this any of your business?

And he got drunk because he wanted too not because someone was buying him drinks. That "just say no" technique works wonders.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i take it that BIL is the biological brother of your DH-- so if SIL leaves him, you have to "break up" with her too... Hooray family drama!

I'd suggest marriage counseling and then politely tell them that you are here for emotional support as they work through this difficult time, but under zero circumstances are you going to play referee or mediator or sounding board. Neither of them can call you to vent. Perhaps offer to watch their kids while they spend time working out their problems over a dinner at home.

You don't want the poison to spill into your household.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2010