Is spotting normal?

Help I have been spotting all weekend. I'm about 9 1/2 week along. At first I had a little blood but the rest of the time its been more like a brownish color. Should I be worried? I called the clinic yesterday and the dr on call just told me to take it easy and not to do any lifting. Should I go see the Dr in the morning? Any advice?????

RociB

Asked by RociB at 5:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you sound like me!!!!! I have been having spotting on and off since I was 5 weeks along! Its terrifying I know!! Bright red blood is usually not a good sign, but at the same time it is not a definite bad thing. I have been monitored every other day (less often now) since I was 5 weeks. My levels are perfect, the baby is perfect. The best explanation I have got is I am on my feet too much. Also, I was told that when the placenta moves up in the uterus that can cause a little bit of bleeding. If the spotting gets bright red, or its enough where you HAVE to wear a pad and the blood is going on the pad, I would go to the doc or ER right away. If it goes away and there is no pain, I would still go to the doctor, but I wouldnt be as urgent about it. Just definitely keep an eye on everything!! Color, amount, and any pain! Those are some of the most important factors!! good luck hun!! im sure everything will be ok for both of us!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I forgot to add that I am 9 weeks as of tomorrow. So were at just about the same point!! So I completely understand your fear!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• If it is just spotting and isn't heavy you are likely ok to wait it out, but of you are really worried I would go in to be 100% sure. Did you have a pelvic exam, pap smear recently? If so that is likely the cause. Good luck and drink a lot of water and rest as much as you can.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2010