Would you Buy Gourmet Cupcakes?

I have done some research, and have found that in the major cities business is blooming for Cupkaeries across the country. However, I wanted to know from the consumers, Would you buy Gourmet Cupcakes? Not just for special occasions....
Let's Say you go to your local mall or shopping center and there is a Gourmet Chocolate store that sells by the piece, but also makes custom orders, weddings, ect. Would you buy them if they were unique, inexpensive, and fun?
I am thinking of opening one in my area, and would love to know your thoughts.

Thanks, any input would be appriciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No not really. How can you make a cupcake gourmet?

Answer by louise2 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Oh heck yeah! We go to one of the ones here every couple of weeks 'just because'. My daughter's birthday cake came fro tem last year, and the year before that she had a big party tray of their mini-cupcakes. They do some flavors every day, then have specialty ones they only make one day a week. We'll check out the website and pick which day we go based on what they'll have.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 5:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• *from them*

And I wanted to add...

If you don't get there early enough in the day you miss out on a lot of the flavors. It's crazy how fast they sell out of them!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 6:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• For those of you who don't know what Gourmet Cupcakes are here is a sample link of what I am talking about:

http://www.berries.com/cupcakes-scu?REF=SHBSRCHovrtkwd_Cupcakes%20online_a&NoExitPopup=Y&MATCHTYPE=search&KEYWORD=Cupcakes%20online_a&NETWORK=ysmpanama

What I mean by "Gourmet Cupcakes" is going into a Cupkaery and purchasing just ONE cupcake in flavors such as Key Lime, Death by Chocolate, Hazlenut, Pecan Caramel, Mint Chocolate, Neopolitan, Pepermint, ect. Unusual flavors of cake, in cupcake form, that look like they were made from an Upscale Bakery or Gourmet Chocolate store.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't, because I'm a baker myself. If I want, I bake.
    Anonymous

• In Chicago, the cupcake trend is declining; gourmet doughnuts are the rising star.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Oh ya
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Yes, I would. Especially if the prices are reasonable. I cannot bake, so I tend to use others that can.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• We buy cupcakes for birthday because we do not want to consume an entire cake. With that said, we don't buy "gourmet". We buy them from the local store.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 7:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yes. And I would make them myself too!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:31 PM on Mar. 8, 2010