Do you think paleontologists/anthropologists/scientists.....

mostly believe in evolution or do you think they go to a church? Just a fun question.....

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 5:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that - from the people I know - most of them believe in evolution. I don't know what percentage are also Christians or otherwise believe in an Abrahamic faith, but I'd say it's probably a sizeable number. It's not either/or. And of course, some are atheist, or humanist, some are of other religious beliefs. Not believing in the Creation Story presented in Genesis doesn't mean an absence of spiritual beliefs. :-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I think you'd find both.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Why do people think the two can't go together? NO ONE who goes to church believes in evolution? No one who believes in evolution goes to church? That kind of exclusive attitude is why we can't ever get anything done as a nation. Everything has to be yes or no, black or white, right or left. The world isn't like that. The whole world exists in shades of grey.
    Anonymous

• Many people go to church and are Christians and believe in evolution, especially if they have had a college education and realize the facts about how the earth and human beings came about.
    Anonymous

• Im OP - I almost typed in "or both" in my original question....I guess I should have. Or niether? Whichev....
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Being married to a scientist who attends church with us regularly, I would say both. I also understand the scientific theory of evolution and believe that God is the Creator of All and that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 6:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• You can do both.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I think, like with every other occupation, you have a mix of beliefs. There are those that solely believe in evolution, some that solely believe in creation and others that believe in both or neither. I can't think it's very fair to clump them all together under one assumed belief system.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Most if not all would believe in evolution.

Some if not many would be church-goers.

The two are not mutually exclusive.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I think that the Christian ones attend a church. The Muslim ones attend a mosque. The Jewish ones attend a synagogue. And so on.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2010