Are your teens (15-18 yr olds) practicing your belief

I mean truly walking after your beliefs? If not what happened when did it change? How did you deal with it all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• my dd is still walking in our faith and just recently expressed her desire in baptism. im very proud of her.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My son does not, exactly. He goes through the motions with us, but he doesn't really understand what he is doing. He has developmental disabilities and we don't think he will ever understand.
    Anonymous

• I don't have that age group but I've always let my children choose their own path. I introduced them to my church and they have chosen whether or not to participate. Right now my two daughters (5 and 13) are attending regularly and enjoy it very much while my sons (6 and 14) don't want anything to do with it. (My 6 yr old has a learning disability and is more comfortable being home) I encourage them on their journeys without being "forceful" or bias. They will find their path to God on their own terms.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I let my children choose their own path.  My youngest dd just turned 13 yesterday and she hasn't given religion much thought yet.  My oldest dd is 17 and she is most definitely an atheist (3rd generation, I'm proud to say).  Imagine me with an adolescent attitude, and you've got a picture of my girl lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My kids aren't teens, but I doubt when they are they will really be interested in religion (I don't think most teens are). If they are, they will be free to find their own path, my path is only right for me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Yes, My 15 yo alter serves every Sunday and is one of the first to volunteer for other Masses. It's his choice and can't wait till next year when his younger brother is old enough to serve with him. Also my Adult Children have never walked away either. They still go to Mass with us when they can. Daughter most Sundays goes to her own Church. While OS Can't make it every Sunday because of the nature of his job. He's an EMT working on his Paramedics. So he either goes on Saturday early Sunday or Late Sunday evening Which means going to another Church.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:50 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• BTW they have been exposed to other dominations by going to their friends churches. They always come home not feeling like they have been to church like something was missing.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 1:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• While they are in my house, eating my food, using my utilities they will continue to attend church, Bible studies, ect. They are free to do as they please when they are out on their own. We have this understanding,see...lol

They branch out into doing worldy things,lots that I don't agree with but they are still respectful and obedient. I pray that they will fully accept God someday.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My oldest who is 17 is an Atheist like me despite having been forced to attend church by my husband.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I don't have teens yet. But when my sons are teens they are allowed to choose whichever religion they want. I don't believe in forcing a child to go to church. That just seems mean in so many ways and usually has more negative effects than positive. Then again, I know what it is like to have a mother tell you nearly daily that you will go to hell for your beliefs.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2010