Can the Nuva Ring cause REALLY bad boils?

I have only had it in for 1 week yesterday and Friday morning when I awoke I had this HUGE boil inside my nostril? It is so swollen and very red, It will not pop and hurts so bad. I have never had one before. If this is whats in store for me I don't think I like this birth control method!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've been on it for almost a year and never had that happen. It just sounds like a coincidence to me.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Hmmm. Never heard of it...BUT...I seem to get them when I'm pregnant. Especially this time! And both situations cause a change in hormones...so who knows???
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Nuva ring gave me a huge hard knot on my head. I thought I was growing a horn-- seriously. I took it out, got sort of sick from it, but the "horn" went away in about 2 weeks.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I doubt if that would case a boil, but I sure woudn't want to mess around with my body like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2010