Why do people feed their children junk food when they KNOW that it is bad for them????

Do people think they're exempt from their children becoming obese?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Why do people do a lot of things that they know are bad for them or their children? Laziness, and selfishness tops off the lists, junk food in small doses is fine but all the time is bad. People think oh well it will be fine and then it isn't, then they throw a fit when it was their fault to begin with.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• its their choice....I personally don't like it, and I'm not gonna lie, my boys can have chips, ice cream and candy.....but in moderation of course. They normally snack on apples, bananas, peaches, strawberries...etc....they're very healthy....Oh and I'm not sure if its just the way I was brought up but I have never liked the idea of children drinking soda.....but thats just me.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• IDK!!!! My neighbor gives her 12 and 24 month olds chips, cookies, pizza, doughnuts, soda, taffy...you name it they can probably eat it. It drives me nuts. I think she feels tired and gives them easy food when they are hungry to fill them up and keep them quiet again.
    Anonymous

• never makes much sense
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:08 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Because it's yummy. Nothing wrong with junk food in moderation (like as a treat). My kids eat cookies, chips and stuff like that just not every day. It tastes good and life is short.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Worry about your own kids, and I'll worry about mine.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Why does the government continue to allow cigarettes to be sold? Why do people continue to smoke them? People are unwilling to acknowledge or learn about the risks of what we put in and on our bodies.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• OMG you get one life. Everything in moderation. If my kids eat an Oreo or a Cheeto from time to time, it is called enjoying life. It does not make me a bad parent or my kids obese. Eat a snickers why don't ya? Maybe you would be a little sweeter. Sheece.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Because in moderation and with proper exercise it doesn't cause obesity. Life is about moderation.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• good one rkoloms! LOL HEY what about the parents that actually hit their kids or smoke weed in front of them or smoke! WHY DO THEY DO ALL THAT!
    Anonymous