Does your teen not want to go to college and you do want them to?

I'm struggling with this issue, but I know he is still young. Did you have this problem and then things changed his/her mind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't have teens. Mine are 5 and 7. Well, we talk to them both about college a lot. yesterday my son said he can't wait to go to college. We were so happy. And then he said "And then I want to work at Mc Donalds!"

Don't know where he got that from lol. It was funny after we got over the shock lol.

Yes, we want them to go to college. You can't go wrong with a higher education. Even if you are flipping burgers lol.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Fortunately, my teen does want to go to college. But he also knows that if he doesn't go to college, he will be out of his 18th birthday. His present will be security deposit and 2 months rent.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My daughter is going to FIDM(Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising). When she was younger she wanted to go to college but she decided against it. At FIDM she can graduate in 3 yrs. with 3 degrees because she doesn't have to take 2 yrs. of general classes and she gets to do something she loves. That is what counts. Not every child is cut out for college. There are so many other alternatives out there, so let your child follow their passions & see where it takes them! After all, it's their life & they should be able to make their own choices. Besides, they do tend to change their minds quite a bit at this age. All I want is for my children to be healthy, happy & enjoy their lives to the fullest.
    bookworm65

Answer by bookworm65 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2010

• I went agent my will it did not work for me.
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 11:51 AM on Mar. 11, 2010