Just found out my husband has been sleeping with prostitutes!!!

My husband of 5 years just admitted to me he has been sleeping with prostitutes. We have been separated for 7 months due to major marital problems. Just in the last month he expressed he was ready to come home. I held out because deep down I knew he was hiding something from me. I wasn't ready for this! He also admitted this has been going on since college.(before we met) The truth is I don't believe anything he says. The deception is most scary. My husband is an educated, good looking guy. He's the guy everyone likes. He has everyone fooled. I believe this is a sickness. I can't ever imagine putting this marriage back together. I don't even look at him the same. I just don't trust him, not even to be a good father, because something is obviously wrong. I know the kids need their dad but he needs serious help. I don't think this is something that goes away with a few therapy sessions. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• ALl I can say is holy moly! Man I am so sorry to you but now you know the truth
    Anonymous

• first, I would start to do whatever it takes to take care of yourself first!!!!
    YOU NEED TO GET TESTED FOR HIV/AIDS, AND ALL OTHER STD'S!!!!
    I wouldn't be able to mend my marriage after that either....because it's not only that he's cheating, but he has been so thoughtless to bring back anything he's caught to you!
    Anonymous

• If you feel that way them go with your gut feelings, but to say a person cannot change is wrong. If he trully wants to change he can, but he has to want it . You cannot do it for him.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• RUN!...not because of the prostitutes (eventhough that is gross enough)...but because that is what your gut is telling you and this man has a serious history of being dishonest about some VERY important things
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 6:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• yowsa ugh honey. no point in trying to fix this one
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:06 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• First I think you should get yourself tested for STD's and make sure you are ok. It sounds like there are a lot of issues already with the marriage other than just this. I think you should listen to your gut instinct. I really don't know if counseling would help or not.
    If it were me, and my hubs did this I would be consulting a lawyer and he would become my 'ex'.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I hope you are not having sex with him anymore after this news? You should definitely go talk to a lawyer and get the divorce started. Get full custody of the kids.

Answer by louise2 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• If he willingly came to you with this information maybe he knows he has a problem and wants help?
    It would be hard to trust him for sure, but I'd suggest sexual addiction therapy or something like that with or without working on reconciling the marriage.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Get a full screening for STD's and AIDS and then file for divorce. Do NOT let him back. He is putting your health and life at risk which also puts your kids lives at risk. There would be NO way I would take him back.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Not worth allowing him back! Get tested like everybody says then continue to stay away from him. Wow......
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2010