Is it this normal for my 6 month old?

She isn't sitting up by herself yet, and not even rolling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Practice makes perfect. Some kids dont crawl til 10 months, others walk at 7, work with them.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Yeah it is ok, the back to sleep campaign has actually st back physical milestone in infants because sleeping on their tummys builds arm and chest strength which is what is needed to sit up and roll over.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My 8 week old rolled over at 7 weeks....she can roll from her tummy to her back. Maybe just talk to your pediatrician, every child is different. We do 15 minutes of tummy time daily if we can....and shes already using her back muscles to sit upright when assisted by us.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Every baby is different, the major thing is to be sure your baby isn't in baby containers too much. Floor time or surfaces with freedom of movement or in your arms are good for development.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• OP HERE

Thanks everyone, It just worries me that somethings wrong. I always have her either in my lap playing and sitting (supported) and we are on the floor A LOT on her tummy sitting and her back. SO we will just have to be patient and wait!
    Anonymous

• i also think its ok but if by 8 mos then get concerned. Most insurance companies have those intervention things that are free that cmoe to your home and watch the child in her element and decide whether they need an evaluation or not!
    Anonymous

• they usually dont sit till they are 7 months old.. turning is normally around 4 months but each child is different. spk to the doc on ur next visit anyways.
    happymum2010

Answer by happymum2010 at 6:04 AM on Mar. 8, 2010