Whats the best Formula

for the FF moms, what is the best formula you have found?? Is there any one kind your baby did better on or some that didn't agree with them? Oh and for the record...I don't care to hear anything about BFing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well enfamil lipil is considered to be the very best but it is sooooooo expensive. Some like nestle good start, I tried that with my DD and she just puked it up every feeding, finally i tried similac advance which is great, and similac advance with early shield is even better and much closer to the enfamil standard and is a reasonable price. My DD had a hard time with any other formula besides similac because their iron is natural iron and is gentler on the stomach.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I have to say that the best formula is the one that YOUR child will take. What works for one might not work for another.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Whatever works best for your baby. It's a trial and error thing. For my son, Similac and all the store brands I tried didn't work (some constipated him, one gave him the runs, and one he flat-out wouldn't take), Enfamil and GoodStart worked fine. But I had a friend whose son could only take Similac. So it depends on the baby.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 6:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• We used GoodStart...in the yellow can I believe and he did just fine on it.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 6:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i wouldn't give my kids anything but enfamil lipil. it's formulated different than the others, closer to breastmilk.
    Anonymous

• we tried everything under the sun, enfamil lipil and similac advance he spit up the whole bottle. we found out he has a milk allergy and hes on soy and it works perfect
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 7:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• We tried a few, and once my son was off of the preemie formula, we just used whichever formula was cheapest. Usually that was the formula they sell at BJs (it's like Sam's Club or Costco). Seriously, all formulas have to meet the same standards. Go for the one that is easiest on your pocketbook.

I'm assuming you have a baby that doesn't need special formula, like Nutramigen, Neosure/Enfacare or a soy formula, btw.
    Anonymous

• Oh, here's a tip I found very useful: put a drop of Mylicon in the bottle when you give it to your baby and that reduces gassiness in the little one.
    Anonymous

• Use an organic formula; you don't want a teeny baby loaded up with genetically modified, pesticide laden food.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• The best formula is the one YOUR BABY will take. Some will take ANYTHING, and if you have one of those you can go with something inexpensive like Parent's Choice. Others are fussy.

Get samples. You'll find what works for YOUR BABY. Beyond infant preference, formulas are basically all the same.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2010