Does anyone else get tired...

Of being labeled? I do not label myself a "Hippy mom" or even a solely all natural tree hugger type. I read a lot, try to stay on top of things, and yes...I agonize over every decision I make for my daughter. I happened to have chose a delayed/altered vaccine schedule. I breastfed AND formula fed. I try to buy organic when available, but this doesn't meant my daughter has never enjoyed M&M's. I believe that natural healing should be a first line of defense but that medicine and interventions DO have their place when needed. I believe in dicipline but I also believe in baby wearing and lots of hugs and kisses. I spank. I'm a Christian but I also read a lot. I don't hate gays and lesbians. I think Pat Robertson is insane. But I swear, because I sometimes go "against the grain" my friends give me weird looks and sometimes think of me as a hippy. I find this annoying. Anyone else surrounded by people who don't get them???

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm constantly surrounded by people who don't get me, but thats cool I am who I am and I'm not changing. I think we'd all be better off if sometimes we just agreed to disagree and let everyone raise their children exactly how they choose, and quit judging people
    Anonymous

• Yep! My friends look at me weird too. I believe in getting my kids to be early and they end up going at about 6pm to bed every night. My MIL and friends find this way too early! Just and example of course.
    But I feel like I have nobody to connect with because they are set in one set of ways and don't mix and mingle ideas!
    Anonymous

• peeps are always trying to pigeonhold me wiht a label of some sort. BAH
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I don't know that I am pigeonholed, but I know that I confuse some people a lot. It's all good.

Answer by Bmat at 7:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• It sounds like you are you, you are unique. And that's great. They can't label you, and that's just the thing. Don't worry about it. Enjoy being different. Keep them guessing, and have fun with it.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2010