turned out foot when walking, 1yr old

I just noticed my 1yr old son (just had his bday) walking (w/help) with his left foot turned out. The right one is straight like it's supposed to be. Should I be worried?? He has his 1yr checkup in 3 days I will def be talking to the dr about it.

amys2boys

Asked by amys2boys at 6:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No I wouldn't worry things like that happen when learning to walk. I would let it go, my DD is pigeon toed and I don't see the need to torture her to make her look 'normal' it is fine.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My son had a "funny way of crawling". I was little bit concern but fortunately it was just a phase. As my husband insisted on. I'm sure nothing is wrong. Good luck!
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 6:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I wouldn't worry. Young kids often toe in or out. Mention it to your doctor as you said but I'll bet he/she won't be concerned.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 6:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• My son needed to be put in orthopedic shows when he was under 1 year. The shoes had bars that could be attached, but he didn't need those. But I've seen children using them to help align the feet.

Answer by Bmat at 7:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2010