Would you/did you sell your wedding dress?

I don't know what to do with mine. I'm never wearing it again lol and I doubt my DD will want to wear it when she gets married. But the thing is, my In-Laws ALL went in together to surprise me with this dress bc it was $600 and MY family couldn't afford it. Its just taking up space in my closet now. WWYD?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Have it preserved and put in a special box. It's sweet to keep it, I have mine from 5 years ago and I know I'll keep it forever.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I still have mine, but I did let people wear it. I had a couple of friends who really couldn't afford a dress, so they wore mine. I was glad to let them use it. My cousin wore it also just because she liked it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• No I won't sell it, if my DD does want it she can, and if not that is ok it is a symbol to me. It was expensive and 100% what I wanted which is rare in life. I may wear it if we do a vow renewal. It is an important object to me so I will keep it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:48 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I wish I would have sold mine. I'm divorced from the guy I married in that dress and remarried...At the moment It's still hanging in my moms basement..

Anonymous

• I had no daughters and got divorced. I got my dress preserved originally, but then I went and gave it to Goodwill. It lasted one day. I was very, very happy that someone who probably couldn't afford it got it. (at least that's what my imagination says happened!)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I'm trying to sell mine right now. My parents bought it and like you said, i'll never wear it again!
    Go to your in laws and let them know the dilemma....that you won't ever wear it again, and it's just taking space up. You have pics already in in from your wedding, and ask them maybe what they would do with it?...
    Anonymous

• I actually made my boys' Christening outfits out of it! I have since shadowbox framed their outfits and have them on display in my family room! :o) I kept the tiara, and a few special keepsakes for posterity--maybe they'll become the "something old, blue, and borrowed" items for my future daughters in law!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:04 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I wish I would have sold mine. It's in a box under my bed but now it's probably too out of style for anyone to want to buy it.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 7:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I didn't have a traditional white dress. Mine was navy blue and bought for a different wedding. I donated it to the Salvation Army because it doesn't fit after having 4 kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:13 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I would and I did keep it.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 7:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2010