What are your kids doing while you cook?

I feel like cooking is always a struggle for me. My kids always want to raise cain while I'm cooking! It's made me not want to make healthy meals anymore because it's just too much of a struggle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• They're either watching TV, playing with their toys, outside playing (when the weather is nice) or driving me insane asking me a million questions about what I'm doing. I don't like them being in the kitchen while I'm cooking. Our kitchen is small and they just get in the way and give me a headache.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• homework,tv, play, help cook
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 7:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Watching TV.or playing outside
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:17 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Watching Clifford!

(Yes, I'm one of THOSE moms who lets PBS Kids "babysit" my 2y/o. Evil, lazy me.)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 7:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I save the cooking for when my daughter is taking a nap. It's much easier that way!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Either doing homework or helping cook.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Let them go bananas.. maybe they'll wear themselves out... tune em out, but keep a watchful eye... Mine are in the room cutting, pasting, folding and glittering things for DD... Her room wall is covered in things they make for her.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• well i find this to be a challeneg because for some rerason my soon to be 2 yr old is always needy at this time! LOL I am in school all day so I know she just wants to sit and cuddle but dinner time is chaos! I am helping my son with homework, tending to the baby and trying to occupy my 5 yr old all while cooking! At time the baby is just screaming...so far no fires! LOL
    Anonymous

• usually helping me.....they need to pull out all the ingredients from the closet and fridge....I don't mind...that or dad and them are watching tv...either way it works for me
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• 2 and 5 yr old help me cook......if daddy is home they beat on him till i get done
    Kathryn29

Answer by Kathryn29 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 7, 2010