Has anyone ever did Vow renewal?

Congratulations if you have had a Vow renewal. I hope it was Happy! I'd love to know more! I thought of doing this too. Almost married 30 years. But my DH lost his job 14 months ago. We're jobless, no insurance, Bad luck, many, many hardships & going without. DH forgot our 25th Wedding Anniversary. This one can't happen. I have Breast cancer now. It just can't work out, none of the details. But I'm happy if you share your story. To know what I wanted. Thank you for kindly sharing.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My parents did it when I was 10. It was brief and we had a really fun potluck with church and friends after. They are still together 20 years later and still happy. I look up to them and hope me and my hubby will be like that too. We want to renew at 10 years because no one was at our wedding except his brother.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I've been married 10 years and had a vow renewal in las vegas a few years ago. I don't think it has to be on a anniversary that everyone else considers 'milestone' - people asked why we did it on 8th- one was that we were going to be in Las Vegas and 8 is my lucky number!
    I found a dress for 100 at a davids bridal sale, wore a veil and everything and did it and had a great time.
    we had our meal at the paris casino- I'd love to do it again- The las vegas chapels say that people do it all the time- any time they wish- some even after only being married a week.
    If you have breast cancer, I say go for it - embrace all the happy times that you can have.
    if you are short on money and don't want a big fuss, I suggest the las vegas special memories chapel personally- I think it's the nicest. you can have a very nice, very fun wedding in las vegas without all the BS-
    invite some friends, have a great time!
    Anonymous

• We are starting to plan for our silver anniversary in 2013.  My dh is saving for a big trip and we are going to re-new our vows with a Pagan hand fasting.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• We just celebrated our 10 th and we will be 50 this yr and we are going to have a surprise renewal of our vows. My dh doesn't know yet what we will be doing I'm going to surprise him =)
    Anonymous

• AAAhhhh....God bless you, sweetheart. Wonderful idea! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2010