I wanna learn how to paint...any good groups?

Does anyone know if it's a learn how to paint group on CM? Where should I start? I just found a big storage closet that I'm cleaning out to make my OWN spot ( for just me :) to start painting. Any ideas?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• look it up on youtube.com...you can learn almost everything there. Ilearned how to crochet, step by step and you can pause it as its on the comp. have fun. :)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:51 AM on Mar. 13, 2010

• Go to a paint store, like a Benjamin Moore store, and ask someone to explain it to you. The key points are taping and the corner brush work.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:00 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Thanks for the reply, I was talking about painting on a canvas, more of an artist.
    Anonymous

• The joint vocational school in our area offers evening classes for drawing and sketching, I think they also had one for painting. I took sketching 15 years ago. It was nice, it gave me four hours a week to myself (2 days a week, 2 hours an evening, and only 50.00 for 4 weeks). Try googling "continuing education" in your area and see if maybe there's a local college that does the same.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:58 AM on Mar. 9, 2010

• there a bunch of self help books that i see out there a bunch of kits at the Michaels Hobby Lobby,etc . If your interested in a group to help you keep with it - I saw the college pamplet my teen had and it's full of classes that sound like fun. As for cafemom-I guess the hobbies is it so far ... I paint ceramics and draw-I know the feeling. I wanted to try canvas but all I've done is by the supplies ages ago and ran out of steam. I saw a video where you can paint with the fella/lady kits at Michaels... thinkin on it. good luck!
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2010