i dont know what to do. newer mom again . advice please

Im a stay at home mom. hubby works from 6am-8pm. i have a 4 year old and i just had a baby two week ago. I think i may have the flu or something. i am breastfeeding. My symptoms are fever of 101.0, extream dizzyness, when i see things move it makes me feel sick and like im going to fall, no apitite, bad headach, when i bend over my head feels so heavy and its quite painful. Also im not bleeding anymore from having the baby? are theese normal? what is wrong with me? i have no doctor to go to and the pharmacy wont give me advice. Should i stop breastfeeding and bottle feed so i dont get my baby sick if i am realy sick? thank you so much for the help ladies i dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are sick the best thing you can do for your baby is nurse! You will pass on antibodies and protective benefits. Your baby has already been exposed.

I only bled for a few days with my baby and it wasn't even that much.

Relax and lie down as much as you can, hydrate, vitamin c.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I agree. Keeping breastfeeding!! Whatever you have, your baby has already been exposed. Rest as much as you can. Drink lots of water and even if you don't feel hungry, eat. If you are sick to your stomach eat dry toast, saltines, ect. I had a stomach bug over Christmas when we were out of town. We were worried about me getting dehydrated because I couldn't keep anything down and I'm breastfeeding so my stepmom called her doctor. He said I could take Dramamine and that worked like a charm. It does make you sleepy, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I did not get the flu shot and i am just worried that i am going to get my baby sick. I will eat and keep breastfeeding. Thanks
    Anonymous

• Even if you had gotten the flu shot there is no guarantee you wouldn't have gotten sick. It doesn't always work and there are many strains.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• The symptoms of mastitis are pretty much the same as the symptoms of the flu. You need to call a doctor, because if it is mastitis, you'll most likely need meds to help "fix" it. Keep breastfeeding and call a doctor! Your hubby needs to take a sick day to help you out - I know money is tight for some and all that, but it would be worse for him to be at work and you to pass out and/or get really hurt!
    Anonymous

• If you were covered by Medicaid for the birth you should be covered up until the time of your postpartum checkup at around 6 weeks. You should call that doctor because fever could mean infection related to the birth. Just to be safe.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2010