nausea..HELP

I'm 6wks pregnant and the nausea has gotten worse. 2wks ago it was tolerable, but now it's gotten to the point where NOTHING sounds good to eat (although I'm still trying to eat here and there) and it gets worse at night. I've tried saltine crackers but unfortunately they make me gag. Any suggestions? Will it get better?

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes it gets better. Toast, crackers...anything you can bring yourself to eat.....as long as you're eating, taking fluids and your vitamins you'll be fine......it passes.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• If it is getting to the point where you are dehydrated and cannot get any nutrition you should talk to your doctor. There is a condition called Hyperemesis Gravidarum, though technically it means excessive vomiting, not being able to eat or drink puts you in the same risk categories.

With my first pregnancy I could manage soda and pudding, by my second was force feeding myself rice, and by my third I was in your position by five weeks.
    Anonymous

• in my early pregnancy i couldn't eat anything. i threw up a few times a day and never got a break from the nausea. i couldn't even walk around a store w/o having to sit down cause i felt like i would puke...that lasted into my second trimester. my doc said that just happens to some women and she gave me a prescription which allowed me to eat one small meal a day...some of us are just unlucky like that....but it will pass
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I was the exact same way. Just make sure your getting fluids down and your vitamins. You will be fine and it should pass. Mine finally stopped at about 16 wks. Try ice cream. Its high in protein and calcium and normally goes down good.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 2:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• sorry but i need yall t o please go to my q and answer it thanks i would say can you drink ensure i know they have alot of calories
    JEHOVAHSOWNJES

Answer by JEHOVAHSOWNJES at 8:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2010