Breastfeeding in public?

I'm breastfeeding for the first time and I'm not sure how exactly you breastfeed in public. This may sound stupid but do you got to the restroom and breastfeed, like what do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you get a nursing cover and nurse where ever you can find a comfortable seat.

would you want to eat in the bathroom?? LOL
    Anonymous

• you dont have to go in a bathroom to feed your baby. just be descreet and have a light cover over your breast and the baby. but who wants to eat in a toilet gross
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• DOES ANYONE HAVE A STIR THE POT SWEETPEA??? 

Go somewhere private Deary... how difficult can this be to know?? 

Anonymous

• popcornsomeone is bored tonight

sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:45 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Just bring a blanket and wear an easy accessible top and bra.. I was always real self conscious about doing it in public, I went in the restroom a lot or go to a quite corner, but that was just how I felt comfortable..I think if it is done discreetly it is fine. I feel just whipping it out and not covering is weird and I have seen this done.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 8:46 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I nurse in public frequently without a cover, wherever I happen to plop down. It seems most women are more comfortable with a cover, but most state laws protect a woman's right to breastfeed in public without a cover, and I think it's important that we pave the way for our daughters, so they don't feel like they need to nurse in the car or the bathroom!

Do what you're comfortable with and know yoru state laws. Don't let anyone push you around!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Don't...... ??? Just sayin....
    Anonymous

• I nursed right out in the open in public-- in church, at restaurants, at the mall in the food court, you name it.
    Just get a cute nursing cover to be modest. NO ONE can force you to go to a bathroom too feed your baby. I REFUSED to nurse her in the bathroom.

You're a nursing mother! Be proud of that! Just don't go flashing your goods around. :-)
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Ugh....nurse in public without covering it up?? I absolutely, totally THINK NOT! That is totally not necessary Hon. Please be discreet. No one wants to see this.... Trust me.
    Anonymous

• Anon 47 is just plain ignorant. HOW, exactly, would you recommend feeding the baby, Anon? With artificial chemicals?
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2010