i have a two week old and i have already spoiled him letting him sleep with me how do i get him to sleep back comfortably in his crib?

newmomtobe85

Asked by newmomtobe85 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL!! Good luck!! It will be hard to ignore the babys crys for attention but if you really want your child to sleep in their own bed then stop letting them sleep with you. It will only get worse. i don't mind it but i usually lay in my daughters bed until she falls asleep then i move to mine.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• You can't spoil a two week old. If you want him in a crib, put him there. He won't win if he fights back...you are bigger.
    Anonymous

• Wow this is a hard one atleast for me cause my son slept with my husband and I for a long time and it was hell getting him in his own bed and still is on some nights and hes 3 now. I nursed so it was just convenient to have him sleep with us cause he litteraly nursed every hr and a half to two hours even during the night. I ended up taking super nannys advice about sitting on the floor and there room and slowing working my way out but your talking about a two week old, I really dont think its that big of a deal right now but i would definatly try and put him in his bassinet next to your bed as often as possible if you dont want to co sleep.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 9:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• And keep in mind that by having your baby sleep with you in your bed will increase your changes of rolling over on top of the child. or your blanket could sufficate the baby. I'm sorry if i sound blunt, but i would not wish this on anyone.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I can't help at all, I had my baby sleep on top of me from the time she was two days old. I cannot even tell you how old she was when she stopped. I know she was old in mons, because she became heavy, then I just placed her on the side of me. Good luck.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Two weeks? You can't spoil a 2 week old. I'd just let baby sleep wherever it sleeps best, and in turn, you get better sleep. If you want to get baby into a crib, just keep putting them in there when asleep.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Alejandra, there is actually a way to sleep in an adult bed with an infant safely.

Mama, if you and baby are sleeping well in your bed, just keep it up. Make sure that you've got the bed prepared for his safety. If not, I'd definitely keep the crib close to your bed. My daughter slept in our bed with us for 18 months. When she was ready for her big girl bed, she went on her own. Don't let everyone convince you that this a habit that is dangerous or unbreakable.

This article is really good on safe bedsharing: http://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t102200.asp
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 10:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I was adament when my daughter was born that she would sleep in her crib....until she was born haha. She slept in her bassinet until one night i fell asleep with her on my chest (by accident) and we both slept so well i got hooked on co sleeping. I prepared the bed and there she stayed until she was 17 mos. Now shes in her crib and it was soooo hard moving her. At 2 weeks i wouldnt worry that your LO is spoiled, i wonder though was the sleep that good that you are the spoiled one! LOL im kidding! I loved snuggling up with my little girl, now she wants no parts of sleeping with me! Think about what you want, just know she is not spoiled it but soon enough will be so make up your mind!!!!
    Anonymous

• You can't spoil a baby. Ever.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 11:12 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• you can't spoil a newborn. or any child under a year old for that matter. What's the matter with the baby staying with you in bed? look up the benefits of co-sleeping and decide if that's really what you want to do.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:22 PM on Mar. 7, 2010