Bottle warmer for the car

Anyone own one? Does it work? I am going on a 9 and a half hour drive and need something to warm up water for a bottle. Should I purchase one or go a different route?

danielle8717

Asked by danielle8717 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Shopping

• They take FOREVER, and don't get it very warm, that I have found. Also, don't get the ones that don't plug in. They don't work at all.

Your best bet is to get a regular bottle warmer and just get a converter cable that converts your cigarette lighter into an outlet. It is more bulky, but gets the bottle warmer, in 3-5 minutes instead of 30 for a lukewarm bottle.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 7:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I say yes get one..I always used one.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I've been thinking this myself. I'm not usually a road trip person, but lately i've been having to make 4-6 hour trips and no baby like cold num num's lol. If you do decide to get one let me know how it goes and i'll do the same, thanks
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 9:09 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• what about a thermos with warm water?
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I used one I bought from walmart. It did work well but not fast at all. Also the outside would get VERY warm if not HOT and you need to shake it around every minute or so. And what you basically end up with is luke warm. So you didn't specify whether you would be warming COLD breast milk or if you use formula. If you do use formula I would recommend just mixing it in a bottle with room temp water. If it is cold breast milk then just make sure you start warming in advance so you dont have a starving hungry baby! GL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 9:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• both my kids always took room temp or luke warm bottles so I never had a bottle warmer. I like the thermos idea... maybe put some HOT water in a thermos or insulated cup and then maybe it will be cooled down by the time you need it and if it isn't then you could just mix some cooler water in it.
    Anonymous

• I also just give room temp bottles. They don't need it warmed up, that's just a preference (like preferring hot or iced coffee for adults)! I usualy kept the powder in the bottle and then bottles of spring water....or a gallon jug, filled it with the water, shook and there you go, instant bottle.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I bought one and it didn't work all that great. I think it's quicker to stick a bottle in a cup of warm water.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 5:35 PM on Mar. 8, 2010