how do you get over your husband if you're separated but not divorced?

tab1023

Asked by tab1023 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Relationships

• well you need to push to move to the next level huh?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Do you want to get over him or do you want him back?
    Anonymous

• If you are still in love , I have no idea. I could not get rid of mine.
    Anonymous

• I don't see what the difference is really... if you want to move on, then it's the same whether you're legally divorced or just not living in the same house... I've heard people say tho that it didn't really hit them till they held that divorce decree in their hands what they'd just done.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• You don't have to get over him if you don't want to. Maybe you two can reconcile.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• That is acctually what a separation is for : to see how/if you can work it out - not to get over someone. Hang in there, girl (:
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Like Nynne said...a separation is not a divorce. If there is no divorce it sounds like there may be a chance to reconcile with each other. Have you thought about talking to him lately? I don't know your situation...
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Find a hot young sexy guy and f*** the living daylights out of him on a regular basis. That's what I did when I was in your situation and it worked wonders for me.
    popcornlover

Answer by popcornlover at 10:31 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• haha 10:31 that is what i was thinking but I always had a problem with guilt and could not do it
    Anonymous

• I think, if you really want to get over him, and not work it out (or maybe he doesn't want to do that?), then you have to just move on. There are plenty of reasons to enjoy being single, and you can focus on yourself and what makes YOU happy, not him or anyone else( besides children)
    I am sorry you are going through this, how painful. I have been there myself. One day after the next I just kept waking up and getting through it. I think time is the only thing that truly works. You will get used to your new life, and learn to be happy and live without that person. If you ever need to talk, message me.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2010