?

Anyone know if there are programs out there to help pay for dental needs? I work, I have dental insurance. But I am a single mom, and even with the insurance I can't afford dental bills. My teeth are litterally crumbeling and falling apart. There is some pain.
Is there anything out there that can help me pay for this?
Thanks

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Health

• Dental school? Maybe look into medicaid for single moms? I've never heard of anything and I have major dental issues too, we're just trying to save up the money for it though because we don't have dental insurance. Oh - I know some dentists have a dental credit thing you can apply for - it's for medical stuff only but works like a credit card - you put your medical/dental bill on it so the office gets paid and you make monthly payments and there's interest like a CC. We were denied it though. GL, I feel your pain!
    Anonymous

• you can get dental from the state department of social services
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• A near by school is a good idea, new grads will clean your teeth for a very small fee. Also look into a dental clinic, it is low cost and they can do just about everything needed right in the office. Most of the dentists volunteer so you may not have the same one twice.. We have one here that is Sexton dental clinic and they do same day dentures cheap..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Medicaid will only cover extractions for adults over 21 years old and that's only if it's an emergency. Medicaid did have a program for adults but you still have co-pays....this might be what you are already on.
    There are very few true dental insurance plans, most are only discount plans.
    You could try to get into a dental school if there is one near you. It's late in the school semester and the waiting list is usually long. You are also required to pay for dental work in schools too.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 9:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I'm not on medicaid. I have health and dental insurnace through my job, but I can't afford to use it. lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2010