Have you ever heard of / made monster cookies?

I was told that if you son (or daughter) has a nightmare and won't go back to sleep because the "monsters" will get him, if nothing else works this will work to help get him back to sleep. Take him down to your kitchen and make a small batch of cookies (saying things like monster are afraid of chocolate, monsters are allergic to nuts, ect.). Tell him that monsters can't stand the smell of backing cookies and won't come around if they smell them. After putting the cookies into the oven, put your son back in bed. If he goes to sleep the next day eat your "monster" cookies. My MIL suggested this to me and I have a hard time believing this will work. Have you heard of doing this or have you tried it? Did it work?

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 9:25 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• monster cookies is from Paula Dean ...oatmeal, chocolate chips, peanut butter, and M & M'. but what we do for the monsters in the closet or under the bed is buy a air freshener can of something like fresh linen or lavender and made a label on the computer and called in Monsters Out we give a little spray in the closet and under the bed and it keeps the monsters away

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• LOL. I haven't heard that one before. I do, however, have a recipe for Monster Cookies that someone gave me way back in the day. They contain just about everything in them and make incredibly large cookies!
    Anonymous

• The only problem I would have is baking cookies in the middle of the night.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I've heard of and made monster cookies before, but not for that reason - a monster cookie is one that's full of all kinds of goodies - oatmeal, M&Ms, chocolate chips, peanut butter, raisins sometimes, etc. Never heard of using it for kids scared of monsters though. Sounds weird. I'd have a problem baking cookies when it's supposed to be bedtime. There are better ways to deal with it.
    Anonymous

• try buying a water bottle from the dollar store and print a " Monster be gone" label fro the computer and spray the room or where ever the monster is, its only water in the bottle but they think its magic
    joeysmommie07

Answer by joeysmommie07 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 7, 2010