Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

injured spouse refund

I was looking back on last years direct deposit bank statements and noticed that i received my federal tax refund on 3/20/2009. I remember filing my income tax forms on 1/27/2009 and was told that it would take about 8 wks. This year i filed on Feb. 2,2010 and called the irs to check on my form 8379 and she told me to call back around the end of march. does anyone think that it could be close to the same time frame as last year? By the way this 8379 is due to the fact that husband owes back child support. Getting pretty desperate for having to wait so long.

Answer Question

Asked by hintonamanda at 9:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • do you have to file the injured spouse refund if a husband owes student loans. will they take it if you just file separately?? im just asking because every yr my hubs tax return goes to his 5k student loan debt well we got married a yr ago and i was just wondering if they would still take it if i just file separately

    Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 9:51 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.