Christians; what do you think,when Jesus says;you must be born again to get to heaven,people have to have the spirit of God to get to heaven,does that scare you ,like it scares me?

I have alot of religious people in my life,they think they are good and think their goodness is good enough to get to heaven.What about you,do you have people like that in your life,have you ever told them they need to be born again?For sincere Christians please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My husband thinks his being moral is going to get him into heaven. I pray for his salvation all the time.

Yes, it's scary.
    Anonymous

• If they ask, then I tell them but I won't cram it down their throat. If I hear them say good works does it, I will correct them. Other than that there isn't much more that I do except to try to live showing the Jesus in me.
    Anonymous

• "Born again" is not a part of many churches...probably the fundamentalists ,but not ALL churches. I think if you lead an honest and loving life, you will be fine.
    Anonymous

• I think that in our best days we aren't good enough. "For all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God". We are saved by Grace not self righteousness.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 10:19 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• It is scary.
    I grew up in europe, and was born again after moving here. Most of my family think they are going to heaven just by being "good" people and not hurting anyone, not by having an acctual relationship w/ God.
    I don't tell them I believe they are doomed and going to Hell, though. But I do try to talk to them about scripture from time to time, mostly by asking the about thier oppinion of a certain passage or topic (to not be too confronting), and they know me and my hubby are "different" Christians than them. (They probably think we are a couple of Jesus Freaks - lol)
    So if they are awere you believe different, and that is really all you can do. They are going to have to make up their own mind, and as long as you let them see the difference in your faith and theirs, I believe you have done your part, so to speak. And they must make up their own minds, it is after all a personal walk.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• where does Jesus say this? not doubting you, i just want to read it for myself.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• thanks m2K!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You have the ability to be born again everyday. Everyday you can become closer to God and grow. I don't think being born again is a one time event and then you are finished and headed to heaven when you die.

I don't understand when children as young and 4 and 5 who say they are born again as if they've had a religious conversion.  I think being born again very often is a process of learning about Jesus and there can be many times where we fall back on old ways and we have to try again.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• It doesn't scare me because, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me". The new birth is true conversion--in thought,in actions, in all things! Christ provides all we need to make it, God is both the Judge and Jury...total fairness...why should I fear anything? Fear doesn't come from Him, and it profits us nothing. God rewards effort and through Him we can truly do "all things"!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:04 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Perhaps you ought to have posted this question in one of the numerous christians groups if you only wanted "acceptable" christian answers. Fear is how god rules you. Of course this verse scares you. That's what it's supposed to do.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:36 PM on Mar. 8, 2010