Have you spoken to your teens about the dangers of sex lately?

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/aidsmary.asp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't have teens, I have 2 & 4 year old boys. And they aren't quite to that point yet. But yes, the sex ed has started. However, I don't see how sex is really any more dangerous than anything else they encounter in their daily lives and if done safely there is almost no danger at all...
    Anonymous

• What about emotional pain? When someone gets sexually envolved with someone they become one. The emotional pain cause depression at times (danger?)
    Anonymous

• I don't have teens but I have a 9 year old, and yes, I have spoken to her about the dangers of sex.
    Anonymous

• Anon 19: You are aware that birth control fails and you can get STD's right?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I have one teen left, and we have talked to him. We also have a handle on where he goes, who he is with, the supervision at the gathering, and we pick him up when it is time to come home.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:03 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I have been talking to my 13 yr old about sex, what goes with sex and the emotional and physical consquences of sex since he was about 6. It is a conversation that needs to be ongoing. My son and I have a very open communication and when he wants to know something he asks and I answer. NO topic is banned.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I talk to my daughter (16) about sex pretty regularly & have since she was quite young. We discuss the joys of sex (emotional & physical), the possibility of conception, the danger of stds, and the emotional problems that can accompany sexual activity, to name just a few topics. I am not sure what the article you posted is about, but I doubt I would be interested, I don't need help talking to my teen.

Anonymous

• I have 3 teens and we've talked about it more than once. I sure hope the mom of the 2 little ones gets a bit more educated before her kids get to "sex age." Sex can be very dangerous, both physically and emotionally, and it's our repsonsilibty as parents (especially moms, let's face that fact) to be sure that our kids are educated. And not just the physical stuff they get in Health class in school.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 5:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2010