what should I bring for my husband and I to the hospital with me to have my baby

heidik

Asked by heidik at 2:56 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would bring a pillow for him and a couple for you and a change of clouse and some change for snacks.I would also bring soap for when you want to take a shower.
    LittleMama520

Answer by LittleMama520 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Think about what you would need on vacation, clothes, soap, maybe a pillow, food, water, ect. If you live close to the hospital it won't be a big deal for him to go back and get things. Snacks and toiletries (toothbrush, soaps, etc) are probably the most important, anything else you can get later or the hospital will give you. Bring extra panties for yourself, you don't want to go home in the hospital ones YUCK!
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 3:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I'd definatley recommend some snacks [so both of you won't be starving] and puzzles books whatever kind you enjoy because it does get boring and you feel like your starving.
    Tayleina

Answer by Tayleina at 3:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• whatever you would pack for yourselves to sleep in a hotel with no access to your own home for 2 to 3 days - and if you forget something your husband will most likely be happy to get something from a quick store run and since he is out of the hospital maybe he can pick up some edible food for you too!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Bring a nightgown. I usually sleep with sweat pants but I took a nightgown to the hospital because they are constantly checking you. I was sore so it was helpful to just lift the nightgown rather than messing with getting my pants on and off. Also bring toiletries. My hospital didn't provide any shampoo or toothpaste but I didn't know so I didn't bring any. Bring cards or games that you can play with your husband. My husband and I actually had a lot of fun playing games. Good luck!

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 4:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2008