Idea's for announcing our pregnancy!?

Hi girls, we just found out we're pregnant tonight!! I know it's a little to early to spill the beans to the family, but I would like some idea's of how to do it!! This is baby #2 for us :) Thanks in advance! I really look forward to your idea's!! :)

mamie2shoes

Asked by mamie2shoes at 10:24 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• have your first wear a "i'm a big brother/sister" shirt the next time you are going to see your parents. Congratulations!!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• wrap baby books or baby items and give it to your family and have them open it at the same time. You can give grandma a frame that says something like grandma or grandkid on it. board books you'd want someone to read to them. diapers for someone so that they will help chg diapers. etc. Get creative. :)
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Easter is coming up...I think it would be really cute to print out "I'm PREGNANT" or "YOUR GONNA BE A GRANDMA" on little pieces of paper and then put them in plastic EASTER eggs and then hand them out when your family gets together! YEA!!! Congrats!!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I'm a big fan of the big sister/ big brother Tshirt for the oldest. I mean, the current baby is the big family celebrity and has the cuteness to get any message across.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:56 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Have the older child wear a big brother/sister tshirt to easter dinner and see how long it takes for someone to notice
    armywife7885

Answer by armywife7885 at 11:05 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• We had our oldest wear a shirt that on the front had the due date: 03-18-07 and on the back it said "I'll be a big sister". It took forever for anyone to say anything and finally my grandpa, of all people, asked me about it. It was great! Another idea: we took balloons and left them in different rooms in the house. Each one had different words and the due date written on them. They had to gather the balloons and decode the message. It was fun! Congrats!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:10 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• We took our parents out for an Asian dinner, and got the fortune cookies ahead of time....I removed the fortunes, and printed up new fortunes on the computer that said "A new grandbaby will arrive in September".....their reaction was great, it took awhile for it to sink in, then they were all very excited!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 3:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2010