Aleve and TMJ

So I've been clenching my jaws at night and now am having trouble opening my mouth because it hurts. I won't be able to get a hold of my dr til tomorrow, but I was looking up aleve and it says that it's ok to take during the first trimester. I'd take tylenol, but when my jaw does this, only anti-inflammatories help. Any suggestions? First hand experiences?

mire621

Asked by mire621 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No. Anti-inflammatories are not safe for pregnant women. No Advil, no Aleeve. Naproxen and ibuprofen can cause circulation problems in some people. This may suddenly happen due to pregnancy hormones. While it is unlikely that you could have a circulation reaction, the risk does exist.

Get a mouth guard to sleep in. You can buy a foam one at the drug store.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• MY OB TOLD ME THAT TYLENOL IS THE ONLY MEDICINE SHOULD BE TALKING UNLESS SHE SAYS OTHER WISE SO I WOULD CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.
    lovejesusalways

Answer by lovejesusalways at 12:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Alieve is not safe during pregnancy unless talking to your ob first
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2010