baby food or what

ok my daughter will be 6 months this month and she is on stage 2 baby food and formula 4 times a day well my question is what else can she have ? i have seen other posts of moms giving somethign calles puffs of mum mums? what are thoes and can she have them? my son is 4and when he was lil thay did not have any of that just baby food and thoest bitter biskets so ple help

mom_of_2_2009

Asked by mom_of_2_2009 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• your daughter shouldn't be on stage 2 at 6 months...

puffs are all over the place they are little snacks
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:15 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• would wait till she has more teeth, so she can really chew, even if they dissolve quickly they are still not the same thing as baby food, it won't go down as easy and she could still choke.
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I agree with the first poster...my son is 7 months and is still on stage 1 baby food...we JUST started baby food when he was 6 months old. I'm confused why your daughter is on stage 2 already. And those puffs are meant for babies with a several teeth. Even though it says they dissolve, a 6 month old wouldn't know to chew what doesn't.
    Anonymous

• she has acid reflux and he doc put her on rice at 2 months old in the bottle then on a spoon then babyfood (stage 2) she just started them a month ago
    mom_of_2_2009

Answer by mom_of_2_2009 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i did not want to do medcien so we choose the baby rice insted
    mom_of_2_2009

Answer by mom_of_2_2009 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I can only speak from personal experience, and although, my DS wasn't eating baby food all that much at 6 months, I would still let him try to eat Gerber puffs and Mum Mums. It took him a while to figure it out, but so cute when he did. I personally don't think they need teeth, as my son didn't get any until he was 10 months. I would NEVER leave him alone obviously, but he never choked. Stay away from the wagon wheels though.
    Marti123

Answer by Marti123 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Babies never need cereal, jar food, puffs, baby cookies, ect. A 6 mo can have fork mashed sweet potato, banana, avocado or any of the foods you have already given.

Doctors know nothing about nutrition. Since you doctor does not follow the recommendations of the AAP it would be good to find a new doctor for your baby. You can't just follow any advice a doctor gives you even if it doesn't make sense.

You need to do your own research. You go to google and type in some key words. Read info from several sites that are official like the American Academ of Pediatrics, the World Health Organization, Center for Disease Control, the organization for Family Physicians. If it's not what your doctor said to do then you don't do it if it is something non-drug. If it is a drug you call the doctor and ask why she is giving your baby the drug.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:08 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I would skip all that and just go direct to table food. Tastes better and is cheaper. The puffs and what not are junk and a waste of money, IMO
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2010