27 weeks and bleeding...

I've spotted off and on since week 20 and each time i go in to my doctor everything is fine and normal. My doctor reassures me everything is alright, that I don't need to worry unless it's period like bleeding with bright red blood. Today, I woke up with blood in my panties (dark red) and spotted brown for the rest of the day, i called L&D and they told me just to watch it for now. But i'm still worried cause I'm still bleeding the brown blood. Help!!

blueangel916

Asked by blueangel916 at 11:21 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would be going to get checked out... it doesn't sound good
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:28 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Have they done an ultrasound? Can you feel the baby moving as much as usual?
    kmseager

Answer by kmseager at 11:55 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Yes, I have had two ultrasounds since my bleeding 'episodes' one at 22 weeks and one two weeks ago and everything was great, as a matter of fact since the beginning of pregnancy my plancenta was low and close to being placenta previa but on my last ultra sound the placenta moved higher. And yes, she's moving, that's the only thing keeping me from going insane but i'm still so nervous
    blueangel916

Answer by blueangel916 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Any pain? I know a few people who spotted on and off their whole pregnancy. I would say if you don't have pain, you feel the baby moving and it's not bright red, you are okay. I know it's hard and if going to the doctor will calm your fears, by all means, go! My doctor always told me to come in if I felt something was wrong. Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• IN MY START OF MY PREGNANCY I DID THE SAME THING AND THEY TOLD ME TO WATCH IT AS LONG IT WAS NOT BRIGHT RED. I WATCHED IT AND TALKED TO MY OB MORE ABOUT IT. I WOULD TALK TO YOUR OB MORE ABOUT IT AND HAVE HER REALLY DETERMINED OTHER WISE.
    lovejesusalways

Answer by lovejesusalways at 12:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I had the exact same thing happen to me. I had some spotting in my 2nd trimester but everything was just fine. I even woke up one night with blood soaked bed and she still couldnt find any issues. I also had a low lying placenta that moved up. Im almost 36 weeks now and baby is doing great.
    Sophie4910

Answer by Sophie4910 at 1:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2010