Wiping?

My son is 5 and my daughter is 3, I still wipe their butts, how do i teach them to wipe their own? My daughter is new at this as well as I, and my son doesnt do a very good job of the wiping himself. please help. Im done, I thought it stopped after diapers.

Vmahoney

Asked by Vmahoney at 11:29 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in General Parenting

• Try letting her wipe herself first (so she knows what to do), then you wipe after her while explaining about wiping? Say something like "You gotta make sure you wipe really well!" or something like that, in greater detail. Potty training is a long process that doesnt end when they can sit on the toilet by themselves.
    Anonymous

• Get some of those flushable wet wipe for your son. He'll figure it out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yup - flushable wipes. My 10 year old still likes them, but I rarely buy them anymore. As the 1st poster said, it potty training doesn't end when they can sit on the toilet by themselves!! I still have to remind him sometimes about making sure he is clean. By using the flushable wipes, your kiddos can learn to get good and clean.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I gave my kids wipes. Went in the bath with them, said "ok, wipe your tushy, then look at the wipe, if there is poop on it get another wipe and keep wiping until the wipe is clean.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2010