Kids in a two piece bathing suit

I was wondering what do other moms think about babies and older children wearing two piece bathing suits? I was just curious, my daughter is 6 months old, and I bought her a couple of swimsuits for summer, I thought it would be fun to take her to the pool with my husband and I. I bought my daughter all one pieces, I dont know why but I thought it was alittle weird. Thanks.

Sillybillymel

Asked by Sillybillymel at 11:30 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think that little girls should wear 2 pieces. My sister was working at Target and she over heard a woman telling her little girl(who looked to be about 4) that she would look sexy in a 2 piece. WTF? Little girls don't look sexy and shouldn't be encouraged to look sexy.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:37 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I totally agree, why would a baby need a two piece? I mean even looking at it logically a baby's skin is SUPER sensitive and the less that is exposed the better anyhow..
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• i hate one pieces cause they're so hard to get off...you prolly should have gotten 2 pieces to make the swimmie diaper changes easier
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• Ugh..Why cover up a body?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:35 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• my DH refuses to let my DD wear a 2 piece (she's almost 3) and he always has. I think they're cute, and 2 pieces are easier to change or take to the potty. I don't think it's a huge deal either way.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I like two pieces because they are so much easier to take on and off. She's only 18 months but once shes old enough to take off her own clothes it will be a one piece.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:38 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• what's wrong with you...she's a baby....one pieces make peeing impossible for bigger girls and diaper changes impossible for babies...it's not encouraging anything to let your daughter wear a two piece...theres nothing wrong with it
    Anonymous

• I don't think little kids should be wearing two piece bathing suits....there are enough perverts in the world looking at our older girls, I dont' think we need to make our little kids objects too...
    Anonymous

• yeah if someone is a pedophile they'll look at a little girl in a one piece just as much as one in a two piece so there goes your logic...TWO PIECES DON'T OBJECTIFY
    Anonymous

• My 5 year old wears a tankini... b/c she is tall and one pieces don't really fit her well & she likes it. But when she was an infant/toddler I put her in a one piece b/c there was less places to have to apply sunscreen. At this point I'll let her pick, as long as it covers her butt & stuff!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2010