How can I ease a toothache? Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Health

• tylenol & anbesol, and lots of sleep. at least that's how i take care of it. i don't know if the sleep helps with the healing process, but i just don't like to be awake when my teeth hurt too much for me to handle. i hope you feel better. toothaches are a pain in the butt.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 11:47 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• If its real bad you're going to need vicodin..and you'll want to see a dentist and get pain medication before it gets so bad you want to shoot yourself.
    Anonymous

• I disagree with both answers. I've been a dental hygienist for 22 years. Motrin is the pain reliever of choice. You can double up on over the counter Motrin and get prescription strength.
    There are many things that could be causing your pain. For that you'll need an emergency dental visit. If you can get into the dentist go to the ER. They will prescribe an antibiotic.
    Just because the pain goes away doesn't mean the problem is gone. You'll still need to see a dentist.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2010