VBAC

Has anyone had one after 2 c-sections? I have had 2 previous c-sections. The first one because I had been in labor for more than 16 hours after being 2 weeks late and I still only dialated to 2. My second I scheduled because I didn't want the same thing to happen. Now we are thinking about a 3rd and wondered what are the chances of a VBAC

Annacka

Asked by Annacka at 11:50 PM on Mar. 7, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. I had two c-sections and would only opt for that. I would NEVER go through natural childbirth EVER.
    Anonymous

• If YOU want a VBAC you can get one. Don't let you doctor talk you into an unnecessary c-section. However, I think that if you think that being in labor for a long time is a valid reason for a c section than your wrong.

childbirthconnection.org
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 7, 2010

• I don't think being in labor for a long time is a valid reason. I think my failure to progress because my DS was 9lbs 6oz with a huge head is a valid reason. My DS was beginning to show signs of distress and I did not want to risk his life or mine but thank you.
    Annacka

Answer by Annacka at 12:01 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'm sure you had a fetal monitor. Those things are wrong. There are plenty of things to do to get you to dilate. And certainly 16 hours isn't a long enough time to make that judgment call.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Since you are a doctor or midwife what would you consider enough time to be in labor if you are already 2 weeks over due and many attemps have been made to further dialate you and at what point do you say enough is enough???
    Annacka

Answer by Annacka at 12:09 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I think your just a tad bit too selfish to ever have a natural birth. Do your research before you put another baby at risk.

And I was in labor for 25 hours. There's been women that had natural births that were in labor for days on end. It's not the end of the world.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Thank you for your advice but putting babies at risk is not selfish it is prudent. Often women in labor for days end up with fistulas and other problems. I am sure you were not 2 weeks over due and I am positive your baby was not over 9lbs. BEFORE you call somebody selfish you should know the facts which I do. I did not have any pain killers for 15 of those 16 hours and when a doctor tells you that your baby is in danger and you are only 19 years old then you listen to them.
    Annacka

Answer by Annacka at 12:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Your actually wrong. My son was 9.3.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:22 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You still answered none of the questions I posed to you. I am very well educated on the risks of c-sections and natural birth. I took bradley classes both pregnancies and was very disappointed in the fact my birth experience was not what I had hoped and people like you only make it worse. You should be ashamed of yourself SaraP1989
    Annacka

Answer by Annacka at 12:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You obviously weren't educated when giving birth since you though that FEM was reliable. YOU should be ashamed of yourself for putting your kids at risk.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2010