IS MAJOR BACK PAIN NORMAL WHEN YOU ARE 7 MONTHS PREGNANT?

I AM ON MY THIRD PREGNANCY BUT I NEVER HAD A BACK PAIN THIS BAD. IS IT NORMAL AND WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP MY BACK PAIN?

lovejesusalways

Asked by lovejesusalways at 12:15 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i used to get in a hot shower and get down on my hands and knees with the hot water spraying on my back and kinda rock back and forth
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'm 23 weeks with my second and laying in bed with a heating pad right now. My DH rubbed me down last night with hot stones and I did the back series of bikrams pregnancy yoga. I felt much better today but my 21 month old is whats making it worse. If it continues I'm going to have my doc write a script for chiropractic massage ( not an adjustment but I'll consider their opinion), if your covered talk to your OB about all the possible remedies. I was also told to consider acupuncture and I might if it progresses. Check out the yoga though, you can find it at Bikram.com...or you can probably find pregnancy yoga back poses on youtube.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I get it all the time. I had it before I even knew I was pregnant. My doctor said it was normal especially if your baby is closer to your front and pulling on your spine. Mine is really bad in my lower back on the right side. I have DH rub it every night because it hurts so bad. I cant even do the dishes or laundry because its to painful. I blame it on the ep since I never had back problem till DS was born, it use to be so bad my legs would start shaking while changing his put because it hurt so bad. I plan on going to a doctor to fix it after DD is born.
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 1:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• if paired with contractions though, even painless ones, it could be signs of labor, I would call my doctor.
    SavanaF.

Answer by SavanaF. at 3:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2010