Do they have to rain on our parade?

I don't understand why is it when things are going good in your neighborhood, instead of people being happy and supportive, they have to rain on your parade and make you feel bad for having something good happen in your life. I'm sorry for this long run on sentence, but how dare people.

What do you want to say to those people who can't ever be just HAPPY?

pebbleschild

Asked by pebbleschild at 12:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• *shrug* i try not to let the opinions or put downs of others rain on my parade
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:51 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I just smile, and tell them in the most false but cheerful voice I can muster, "Aren't you a fucking ray of sunshine." everyone here knows that I don't put up w/ it, so they don't really push the matter much, when I say stuff like that.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 1:40 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My parents used to be like that, so quick to point out the negative in something I was gung-ho about. I honestly think they really were doing it out of love, just wanting me to know the downside, and didn't realize they were being negative. I talked to them about it and neither one do that anymore. Could you try that?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:10 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• although i dont let ppl like that get to me it does tick me off. I cants stand ppl like that...they are jealous bitter ppl! u be happy and f-them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• just simply tell them "don't be jealous" turn around and walk away, that is why I don't talk to my neighbors, I keep to myself I don't like anyone in my business

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• All my neighbors( 8 houses on a dead end road) keep to themselves, except this one neighbor of mine who is not working but has a boy who likes to play over...and well our son has a ton of crap and hers has nothing, she will make comments about the amount of stuff we have when she is over to drag her kid out of the yard. Over half of my son's stuff comes from thrift stores.
    my thought is we have our priorities in the right place, we are a 2 income family and we are older. She is single, 6 kids and is still around the age of 30.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• ouch at anon.,....6 kids and only 30....can't do it.
    pebbleschild

Answer by pebbleschild at 7:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2010