How to get my 3yr old to pull his own pants down (Potty Training)

I started potty training last july while he was still 2, now he tells me whenever he needs to go to the bathroom and even goes in there to wait, but he will NOT pull hiw own pants down. He will climb on the potty and even pull them up. So how do I get him to pull them down? Let him pee in them once or twice? I've told him big boys pull their pants down but he is stubborn. Daddy's not here to show him how.

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 1:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i use some mind judo on him. I look at him and say "I bet you cant pull those pant up by yourself" I say it in a more funny way then a discouraging" My son cracks a little grin and I repeat " Oh, I bet you wont pull those silly pants up, I bet you wont" His smile gets bigger as he slowly starts to pull then I say "you better not pull em up......(he pulls more, now i am smiling and have of shocked look on my face) Oh you better not do it' and bam he has them up and is very proud of himself. It is fun for us both. Not a good tatic for a more sensitive child.
    If that fails play hide and seek with a gummie bear. Tell him you set up a Hide nseek game but he has to pull up his pants in order to walk/run and find it.

I know its hard to figure them out but I promise This To Shall Pass! Good Luck, let me know if you are sucssesful.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 6:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2010