Can taking Vitex bring my fertility back?

I'm nursing my 8 month old son but my DH and I would like to TTC in the next few months.

I'm one of those women who doesn't ovulate while breastfeeding. This has been confirmed with both charting and blood work at the doctor.

A friend of mine told me to take Vitex. I read that it's safe while BF and that it actually increases milk supply as well as increases fertility but will it still work if I'm breastfeeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know about using it while BF, but I've been wanting to try it for PCOS. But, I can't seem to find any that is just chasteberry in stores. I don't want the other stuff that is often mixed with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I know you said you didn't want to take the other stuff but have you cosidered Fertility Blend?

My best friend's mom had PCOS REALLY bad and tried to concieve a second child for 9 year. She took this stuff for 4 months and got pregnant. She had a baby boy 7 weeks ago at the age of 35.

You can find it at www.fertilityblend.com.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Mar. 8, 2010