Anyway to get dog pee smell out of carpets?

I have a 5 month old husky (who was supposed to be potty trained and isn't) that has peed in the house a couple times. She started out by just going on the tile but then started going on the carpet. Our carpet was brand new back in Dec '09. It is dark blue so it is very hard to tell where she pees. I was able to get it all up (for the most part) but she peed on our stairs and I didn't know until the smell was BAD. Anyway of getting it out asap? I do not have a carpet cleaner so that is out of the question. I am looking for something around the house that I already have so I won't have to go buy a bunch of stuff. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you all in advance!

Amanda_Jo1209

Asked by Amanda_Jo1209 at 1:45 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pets

• buy a pet pee cleaner.. it helps me clean up my dog's messes when it happens. and if you want to use a carpet cleaner.. some stores rents them out
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• What is pet pee cleaner and where do I get it?
    Amanda_Jo1209

Answer by Amanda_Jo1209 at 1:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You can get a pet order cleaner from a pet store. PetCo, PetSmart, local places. They you an enzyme to clean up the stuff. However you might have to try it several times to get it out completely. And good luck on potty training your puppy! :)
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:03 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Out! It's in the pet care aisle at Walmart
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:04 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'm going through the same thing, I got a 3yo Lhasa Apso, and she started peeing on my carpet, the lady who I got her from said to get a spray bottle fill it with half vinegar half water, let it sit for almost an hour, and then suck it up with paper towel or something else, and it's working, its getting the smell out, plus I do have a carpet cleaner, I'm a clean freak so I'm washing my carpets constantly, :-) I'm sure they will fade out soon :-) good luck
    cholita1978

Answer by cholita1978 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Huskies are very hard to housebreak. They are smart but definately have a mind of their own. I have been raising and sled racing them for many years. Use white vinegar and water,. It works the best and it's alot cheaper than the mixtures you can buy that don't work as well.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:31 AM on Mar. 9, 2010