Ever heard of the 7 year itch?

What do you think about that, and what years do you think are typically the hardest in marriage?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 2:21 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep, I've heard of it. I'm not sure why it's 7 though. the first year of my marriage was the hardest. We've been married 8 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• The first year is the hardest for most couples. My hubby and I had a ruff first year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• well, i've only been married a little over a year and a half. but i think fit would have to hit the shan in order to top our first year.

-he got deployed
    -my mom died while he was deployed (which did effect our marriage in unforeseen ways)
    -we've been caring for my little brother ever sense my mom died (plus i have a stepson)
    -and DH found out i made a sorry and stupid mistake
    -we had to put off trying for a baby of our own due to the unexpected inheritance of my brother

that's all i can think of right now.

yea. there are only a few things that i think that could top all that. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yes. The first few!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:34 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Anon :26, it comes from "the seventh inning stretch" saying about baseball I believe.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Wow, outstanding love, that is horrendous, I am so terribly sorry for all you guys have been through, and yes, if you can make it through that, you can make it through it all. :)
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• its a bunch of crap
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• The first 2 years you are married you are still getting to know each other. So by 7 years or earlier. You know if you really want to stay with that person,

Answer by louise2 at 7:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I've been married 45 years, and there are years all along the way that are difficult and that could potentially end the marriage. It is the commitment to one another that sustains and that makes it possible to weather the storms of death, financial reversals, wayward children, different goals, caring for aging parents, and all the rest. Any problem could be used as an excuse to bail, but when you are totally committed to one another, divorce is not an option. So you work together to find a way around whatever the obstacle is that year, knowing that next year, there will very likely be another. Happily ever after is a myth, but happy together in spite of whatever is going on is very possible, if you both want to stay together and truly want to become one in heart.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yup. My mom's best friend has a daughter that has dealt with it twice. She gets a man, stays with him for exactly 7 years, cheats on him, and starts all over with the new guy. This last time she had 2 kids with the man....sad.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Mar. 8, 2010