3rd c section

Im about 30 weeks getting ready for my third c section! Im really scared, how were some other peoples experience with there 3rd. and yes i have to have one for medical reasons.

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 3:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had my 3rd Csection two years ago due to placenta something-or-other (it was attached on the inside of the old c-section scar and wouldn't detach during regular labor). Anyway, it went pretty much like the other two, although afterwards I was so thirsty I drank like 2 gallons of water and ended up throwing up in front of a room full of relatives (they just kept the conversation going while I sat on the bed going *vomit* "I'm sorry" *vomit* "really, I don't know why I'm doing this *vomit* "god this has got to be grossing you all out". They were all about the baby lol.
    My back was sore a little longer than with the other two, but I think it was my age. I was 37 at the time, when I was 24 and 29 when the first two were born.
    good luck!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:02 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• My 1st was a marathon labor. Recovery was a shock. My second was breach, very short labor, easy recovery. My third was c-section was preceded by a long but easy and drug free labor and was medium recovery. Moral of the story being the longer the labor the harder the recovery.  And since you are scheduled for medical reasons you shouldn't have too hard a time unless those medical reasons lead to complications.  C-sections suck but sometimes it is the only way!

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I have had 3 c sections. The only differnece between the first two and the third was time. I had grown a bit of scar tissue since my second child was born and it took my doc a little more time to get through it all. Other than that, there was really no difference. Seems to me that with each section, the recovery times get shorter. I was up, taking care of myself and my three kids 4 days later. Best of luck to you!!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:14 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• It took me a little longer to heal with me 3rd one. But it realy isnt no different then the other 2
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I just had my 3rd c-section 2 months ago. The recovery went better and faster this time. I was up & caring for my baby just 7 hours after sugery.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:19 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I've had 4 and gearing up for my 5th this summer. My 2nd was by far the easiest recovery but my 3rd wasn't bad. I was a little more wore out but it was my 3rd surgery in 28 months and I had a 13mo and a 2yo at home to deal with. I was basically back to doing my normal stuff in 2 weeks. I didn't have a choice since my husband was back to work and it was just me and the kids.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:38 PM on Mar. 8, 2010