Making a baby stop crying...Is this technique worth trying?

Dr. Karp travels around the world teaching this technique to parents.
Watch the video is 1:26 min long. link below

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree, :59...that is way too loud! I have very sensitive ears, as does my son, and that would have made him cry louder. I did a much softer "shh" with him and it worked like a charm every time. I think it would be worth a try, just adjust the volume of your "shhh's" so you don't damage their hearing.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I shhh'd in my baby's ear while rocking her when she was first born & it helped. I let her nurse instead of using a pacifier, though.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:44 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• "Dr. Karp has taught thousands of parents, from working moms to superstars like Madonna, Michelle Pfeiffer and Pierce Brosnan his secrets for soothing colic, boosting infant sleep, reducing tantrums, promoting patience and …making parents and children happy"

http://www.thehappiestbaby.org/

op

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yup, it worked for me. My baby was not terribly fussy but when she was this worked..like some crazy voodoo magic...it was that quick. She would be screaming and I would do this technique and she would stop, like magic,.
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 8:55 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yes it is worth trying, I use to jiggle my baby that way too and it did the trick, even before I knew there was a doctor recomending it.

Answer by older at 8:58 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• wow thats very interesting- if i ever have another (highly unlikely) or if a friend has a baby i will reference this vid!
    snoober_k

Answer by snoober_k at 9:13 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Did his mother teach him that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• i've seen this one, but the one i have noticed ALWAYs works is the one where you pick them up under their neck and butts and just push up with your hands (like you're offering them as a sacrafice) this is a good one to use for breastfeeding to get them to calm beofre they can latch
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:36 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Yup, it worked for us.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 9:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2010