Should families with SAHMs receive public assistance?

Including Wic, Medicaide, Food stamps, etc etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No. But I don't think anyone should get public assistance unless they are disabled.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 9:24 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• It makes for smarter kids if the mother is actually ABOUT something. I'm all for letting moms be SAHMs until their children are school age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I don't see why not. Sometimes it's more expensive to work and pay for daycare. With the way the economy is, I think a lot more people are turning to PA because they can't find a job and need to take care of their families. I certainly don't think it's a lifestyle and if you can afford to live without it then you should.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Parents can arrange their schedules around each other that way someone is always with their kids. Nope I don't think they should when there is a an able bodied person in the home.

There's a ton of housewives on here that are going to jump all over this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I don't need public assistance thank you. My husband can take care of us and pay 28% in taxes to take care of the rest of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'm a SAHM and even when we qualified for WIC, we didn't use it. There are ways of making do with what you have and stretching your money. Coupons, shopping in thrift stores, only having one car payment or having no car payments at all, buying generic, not going on vacations, not going out to eat, making money from home by babysitting, selling Avon, etc.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I'm a SAHM and I'm pregnant. My husbands insurance is so expensive we couldn't cover me for this period. Otherwise he takes care of everything. We've never ever had to ask the gov't for help except for this prenatal care. I'm totally not ashamed of that and I'm glad my baby and I can be safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• No! Being a Sahm should be a luxury..If your husband makes enough money and can support the whole family then a women should be able to stay home..But if your not even going to try to work and then collect free food stamps and money that is ridiculous and lazy! I would love a Mercedes but for now I drive a Volkswagen, people should live within their means!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 9:28 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I would love a Mercedes but for now I drive a Volkswagen, people should live within their means!
    _______________________________________

I've had both. I liked my VW better.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 9:32 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• that's not living within your means, if your hubby can't afford that baby don't have it
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 8, 2010