How can I stop my period temporarily?

I am supposed to see my s/o this Thursday for the first time in 3 months. He took a job 1600 miles away a while ago. And I just started spotting brown today, so I will get my period tomorrow and it will last 5 days :(. Is there any way to stop it now and let it restart later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Call your doctor and ask. As far as I know, the only way is with hormones, and I don't think you'd want to mess with your body that way. Guys don't usually mind the mess, just use some towels under you.

Answer by Bmat at 9:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• you might try some birth control
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• The only thing I know of is birth control, but it's not going to stop your period from coming since you already started. If you and SO haven't seen each other in 3 months, I'm SURE he isn't going to mind a little bit of mess. No offense, but ya'll will just have to get over that ;) Just take some dark towels with you honey and a few condoms, it'll be ok!!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Take BC pills continuously for as long as you want to avoid it. ...maybe a few weeks? Or see your Doctor for answers. We aren't Doctors. LOL. . But I doubt that you can stop it once it has started.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• The day before my cousin's wedding day her period showed up her husband to be was a DR. and he told her to double her dose of her pill and the next day it had stopped.
    That's her, I tried it and it didn't work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I don't know if you can stop it at this point since it's already kind of started. But, in the future, you can use birth control pills to skip a period. You just start a new pack of pills the day you'd normally start your period. So lets say you have a 28 day pack, the last 7 days of that pack is when you're on your period and I believe those pills have no hormones in them. If you skip those last 7 pills and go right to a new pack, you will skip your period all together.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 6:49 AM on Mar. 9, 2010