Did you hear about the massive quake in Turkey this morning????

It was a 6.0 and flattened everything. First Haiti, then Japan, Chile, Japan again, and now Turkey. Not to even mention all the little ones other places.

Wow, I believe this is what the Bible was talking about when it says there will be earthquakes in diverse places in the last days before Jesus comes back. The Chile earthquake that shortened days, I believe, would be the start of part of the prophecy too.

I know you all probably think I'm crazy, but I don't care. This scares me, and I want to be ready for my Jesus to come back!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• i did hear about the earthquake, i feel for them. I also believe that these are a sign of the times. I believe in a resurrection hope and a paradise earth, so I cant wait until this system is over and the new one begins.
    Beeky, youre right about how earthquakes happen but it is also a prophesy of the bible. I have, as many have a grip on reality which is why its best to be prepared for new things to come.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• what would you do if jesus came back and was to say that he wasn't all that people thought he was? when people say they are anxious for Jesus to come back, I always wonder what they would do if the result wasn't all that they were hoping for.

I'm sorry to hear about the quake- I hope good things for the victims.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• What will YOU do if he comes back and is everything that we thought he was? I'd hate to miss out on that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• first post- I'm jewish- it's not much of a factor to me. you just happened to mention Jesus I was really thinking things around the bible in general- wondering what some people would do if they were told flat out by the powers that they worship that all they had held so dear wasn't really the case when it all came down. None of know for certain in my opinion-

but since you mentioned it- what would you do if God was to express dissapointment to you for feeling that Jesus was the savior- I hear so much of things like 'one day you'll be sorry for not recognizing the savior' does anyone ever consider the possibility that they could be wrong and God could be dissapointed in them for putting worshiping someone other than him?
    so many houses of worship seem to put Jesus in such high standing that they worship him before God.
    Never seemed right to me.
    cont-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• cont- so to answer your question- if God himself/herself came to me stating that yes, Jesus was the savior then I'm state that God gave me a mind to use and I always felt that the worshiping of Jesus was wrong-I use the mind that God gave me.
    Anonymous

• Earthquakes are a result of a geologically active planet, and only a geologically active planet can sustain life.  There is nothing mysterious or divine about it.   Get a grip people!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:08 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• If you are so sure of yourself and your faith, then why are you scared?
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:23 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Earthquakes are frequent in Turkey, much of which lies on top of two main fault lines. In 1999, two powerful earthquakes struck northwestern Turkey, killing about 18,000 people. In 2003, a 6.4-magnitude earthquake killed 177 people in Bingol, including 84 children whose school dormitory collapsed. It's nothing NEW and hardly the end of the world.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:26 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• All these earthquakes are happening in places that get earthquakes on a relatively regular basis. There is nothing unusual about where they are happening. The earth goes through periods that are more active than others, and this is an active period. Do I think they are a sign of the end? Not necessarily, and I'm not going to concern myself with any supposed "end-times" prophecies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• Oh boy I just knew someone was going to post something about that! It's not the sign of anything but how our earth lives and breathes.
    Its science, not religion making these things happen.
    And, if you all are so ready to meet your maker, why are you scared?!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 8, 2010