is it okay that my babys heartbeat is between 130 and 142?

so i bought a fetal doppler at 12 weeks and i am now 19 weeks and 6 days. anyways.. my babys heartbeat is from 130 to 142.. and when hes REALLY active it can go up to 150 or 155. is this normal? whats ur babys heartbeat? when i go in for my checkups my doctor doesnt really seem concerned.. he doesnt even look at how high the heartbeat goes.. hes really active because i can feel him move like crazy and even the doctor had a hard time hearing his heartbeat because he was moving around then he finally stayed in one spot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,9851,00.html
    A normal fetal heart rate usually is between 120 and 160 beats per minute.

you might want to consider limiting your baby's exposure to doppler also
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5347776_dangers-fetal-doppler.html
    http://gentlebirth.org/archives/preScreen.html#Avoiding
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• thats a completely normal heatbeat... fetuses have fast heartrates
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• TO Anonymous there is nothing wrong with me using a fetal doppler, if there was.. then the doctor wouldnt use one.. would they? thanks
    amanda202010

Answer by amanda202010 at 10:00 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

i prefer to do my own research rather than blindly trusting doctors' opinions. some doctors think that elective c-sections are safe but i disagree. that's why i posted the links so the OP could research herself. also the doctor uses one once per month, and then up to once per week. assumedly the OP bought one to do doppler even more frequently than that. for example, a doctor might prescribe me a medicine, that doesn't mean i should go home and take the medicine whenever i want. just do your own research and make up your own mind but based on my research the safety of doppler and ultrasound is in question. just read the links.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Mar. 8, 2010

• I agree with limiting the use. I've had to have multiple ultrasounds for health reasons, but the more I read and research the more it worries me!
    My baby's heartbeat was 145 last time I went in to see the Dr. and they said it was fine. This is my 4th and they've all been between 140-160, except when they were active and occasionally their heartbeat would go up even higher when they were moving around a bunch but then settle back down as their activity slowed.

Answer by missanc at 12:52 PM on Mar. 8, 2010

• You can buy a fetascope for about $30 and listen to the heart beat -- the real heart beat-- not a doppler echo. You can have it on your belly all day if you want. It's like a stethoscope the doc uses on grown people but with a special bell on the end for the baby. Totally safe. Zero controversy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:50 PM on Mar. 8, 2010